Monday, December 31, 2007

New member with her second attempt

Hi everyone, I'm brandnew on this blog, my name is Gisela, Uuknits on Ravelry, and I like to knit a lot of things, among them socks, preferably when they are interesting to me. So this book was just the right choice for me, though I am currently in a state of doubt ...

After my Bartholomew's Tantalizing didn't turn out too well and is presently waiting to be frogged and redone properly, I thought I'd try a different architecture in the meantime.

The yarn this time is 6-ply so it's knitting up very fast, which got me from here yesterday ...



to here today ...



The progress is amazing and it was fun to knit. For the moment though it looks terrible and doesn't seem to have any shaping that would remind me of a sock. But I trust the advice on Ravelry to just go with the instructions and not care about any worries in the meantime. All figures are still working out and the architecture is fascinating. All I have to do then is find a clubfoot that will fit in. :-)

No comments: